Last week was the 58th consecutive January showing of the International Area Rug Market’s winter edition, held at Atlanta’s AmericasMart. More than 1,400 unique showrooms and 2,500 temporary exhibits displayed the freshest color palettes and most desired textures for spring! Based on what we saw at the Atlanta market, 2015 is going to be a beautiful year.
Here’s our recap of five of the key decorating trends showcased in Atlanta, and how Karastan was right on top of these exciting trends!
- Indigo’s influence was undeniable! If you’re looking to add Indigo to your home decor, try our Bentley Indigo rug.
2. Shades of Marsala, the Pantone 2015 Color of the Year, added a sultry spice to neutrals. For a rug that really makes a statement, try Karastan’s Mahir.
3. Black and white is refined with luxurious neutral accents. Our Serengeti Gallery rug in Black is a bold piece for any room, and would pair perfectly with neutral accessories and furnishings.
4. Vibrant designs and bursts of color breathed new life into a neutral motif, like our Larkhall Granite rug, a SmartStrand from Karastan’s Euphoria Collection.
5. Sumptuous shag is updated with inspiration taken from traditional Moroccan tiles. Our Temara Lattice rug, part of the Prima Shag collection, has a sophisticated, modern style that is accentuated by repeating motifs and elegant neutral colors.
Were you at the Atlanta Market? Which trends are you most excited about for Spring 2015? Let us know in the comments section!
Currently a resident of Chattanooga, Tennessee, Rachel enjoys spending her time outside of the office freelance writing, cheering on the Tennessee Vols, spending weekends on the lake with her boyfriend and their golden retriever, staying active with barre fitness classes, and exploring her new home. Rachel is also currently the Online Content Management Specialist for Mohawk Home.