Pantone has been dictating color trends for years, and this year is no different! We were really excited to hear that the color of the year for 2015 is Marsala, a gorgeous wine tinged hue.
According to Pantone Colour Institute executive director Leatrice Eiseman, “much like fortified wine that gives Marsala its name, this tasteful hue embodies the satisfying richness of a fulfilling meal while its grounding red-brown roots emanate a sophisticated, natural earthiness.”
Marsala is a good color choice for your home decor, especially as a rug, carpet, pillow or upholstered furniture. You can also incorporate Marsala into your home as a primary accent color, decorating with home accessories or painting a focal wall.
In honor of Pantone’s 2015 Color of the Year, we decided to put together a mood board with some of our favorite Marsala products for your home. Which one would fit best with your decor?
- Hand Blown Table Lamp with Drum Shade from angelo:Home
- Linon Judith Storage Ottoman
- Mira Paisley Duvet cover, Pottery Barn
- Karastan’s Seaside Romance carpet in Summertime Scene
- Karastan’s Walnut Park rug
- Marsala Knit Cushion cover
- Chesterfield London three-seater antique oxblood leather sofa settee
- Ferrari Convertible
- Ickworth Park wallpaper
- Designer Arabesque trays